“ProcessPro has allowed us to integrate our manufacturing, formulation and accounting system into one software package as well as moving our company to evaluating information in real time.” - Gaco Western
Paint & Coatings Industry Manufacturing Software
With many custom formulas and packages, ProcessPro® Premier can cater to the special needs of the Paint/Ink/Coatings industry. ProcessPro has developed a system with superior private labeling capabilities, quarantine control, MSDS and DOT regulation compliance.
ProcessPro® Premier is an excellent solution for paint/inks/coating manufacturers that have many custom formulas and packaging needs. These companies typically have on-site chemists who require the ability to test formulations in a lab environment. ProcessPro® Premier contains features to meet these specific needs of the paint/ink/coatings industry; below are a few highlights.
Click on Subject Below to Expand
The ProcessPro® Premier formulation system allows the chemist to create new formulas, see physical property calculations as the formula is being built, record manufacturing instructions, set up QC tests and see costs for labor/material/overhead, all from within one program.
Multiple level Bills of Material can be set up for packaging, formula, and intermediates. Actual Quality Control test results, yield, and shrink can be recorded for each level when the product is manufactured. A formula can be set up once and scaled to any batch size or package size. With formulation display, the user can:
- Construct the formula using ingredient percentages or actual quantities.
- Access physical property calculations.
- Enter manufacturing instructions.
- Enter QC tests.
- Plot machine route steps.
- See up to 99 user-defined calculations for each raw material and up to 99 user-defined calculations for the whole formula.
- Define up to 15 physical property fields for each raw material.
- Separate raw materials into the chemical constituents.
- Print hazardous constituents by weight on the MSDS Hazardous Ingredient section.
Private Label and Made-to-Order Products
- Provides the sales department with a display of a customer's special products with prices and availability.
- Provides the plant with a customer's special instructions printed on the batch ticket.
- Prints the customer's special item number and special item description on the Sales Order, Picking Ticket, Batch Ticket, Packing List, Bill of Lading, and Invoice.
- Automatically creates one or more Batch Ticket for one sales order using the custom Batch Ticket option.
MSDS and DOT Regulations
The MSDS module automatically creates Material Safety Data Sheets for hazardous chemicals. The sheet is printed with the Bill of Lading and COA when shipping merchandise. Features of MSDS:
- Automatically provides Material Safety Data Sheets for shipped customer orders.
- Prints MSDS individually or in a batch for products that have revised data sheets.
- Tracks customers who have not received an MSDS for three or more months (for the same product). An MSDS will then be printed out automatically for that customer.
- Tailors Material Safety Data Sheets to the specific chemical ingredients used.
- Auto-generates an MSDS with current changes with the customer's next order.
- Allows users to copy from one MSDS to another.
- Conforms to the Ansii Standard 16-part form.
- Supports Weighted Average and Standard Cost inventory valuation methods.
- Tracks unlimited inventory locations and two types of storage divisions within each location.
- Tracks lot numbers for ingredients and finished goods.
- Tracks serial numbers and lot items when stored, ordered, and shipped.
- Allows the user to define units of measure by which you stock, purchase, and sell inventory.
- Allows multiple suppliers for the same inventory item with tiered pricing by supplier.
- Automatically updates inventory balances with information from Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, and Accounts Receivable.
- Permits inventory items to be set up in price groups.
- Stores average, standard, and last receipt cost for each item at each location.
- Allows serial numbers for totes to be located at customer sites in addition to being located in inventory.
- Automatically quarantines incoming ingredients or outgoing finished goods until passed through QC testing. The user can decide which numbers require inspection.
- Assigns price schedules to specific customer and item combinations, supporting negotiable prices for particular customers.
- Permits the user to categorize inventory items according to their overall performance with the ABC analysis option.
- Allows the user to create multiple price schedules based on markup, discount, or fixed price methods, with options for dollar amounts of percentage. Six quantity breaks per price schedule are allocated.
- Recalls all customers who purchased a finished good lot with the finished goods lot tracking feature.
- Recalls all finished goods lot numbers that used an ingredient lot with the ingredient lot tracking feature.
Quality Control Testing
- Provides tailored instructions for each formula and packaged product.
- Records QC results as products are made or at a later date.
- Provides a warning when/if QC results are out of range.
- Automatically prints a Certificate of Analysis (COA) with the packing slip.
- Tracks test result trends and problem areas.
Quality Control Test Features
- Allows the administrator to define test ranges as well as a target value during setup.
- Holds purchased products in quarantine until tested. QC tests are available for both manufacturing and purchased products.
- Allows the user to record test results at any time during or after a batch is produced.
- Records and executes an unlimited number of test instructions.
- Automatically prints QC results for a lot on the customer's COA when the product is being shipped.